Rhythms & Reels: Trinidad & Tobago Baltimore Steel Orchestra
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 5:30pm to 7:30pm
As part of our #RhythmsandReels series, please join us at Music at the Market, featuring Trinidad and Tobago Baltimore Steel Orchestra!
The Trinidad and Tobago Baltimore Steel Orchestra was formed in 1971 by a few Trinidadians who resided in Baltimore, Maryland. Richard Semper and Paul Gervais, who are still with group today, are two of the original members. The group now has musicians performing in it representing three generations of the Semper family.
Rhythms & Reels inspires Baltimoreans to celebrate, community, culture and diversity through FREE, family-friendly programming in city parks.
Created in 2016, the series is a collaborative community effort showcasing FREE movies and concerts in city parks. Nine organizations came together to host 60 free events, drawing more than 30,000 people. Now it its second year, 20 partners will host over 140 events at 32 locations this spring and summer.
- The 2017 Rhythms & Reels schedule is subject to change at any time due to weather cancellations, entertainment changes, etc. please check Baltimore Recnparks Facebook and Twitter before heading to the park.
- Tag on social media @recnparks and use #RhythmsandReels
- Picnic baskets and coolers are welcome. No glass bottles or containers are allowed.
- Pets are to be kept on leashes at all times.
- Please silence cell phones during all entertainment
Baltimore City Recreation & Parks