Baltimore City Recreation & Parks (BCRP) is working on an Action Plan for equitable investments in public parks, rec facilities, and programs. DONT SPECTATE, PARTICIPATE!
As part of its 10-year Action Plan, the agency has launched the BCRP Playbook which includes a citywide survey to capture vital input from the community to prioritize future investments in neighborhood parks and recreation facilities. The survey builds upon a 2023 conditions assessment of Baltimore City’s parks and recreation facilities.
The BCRP Playbook highlights Baltimore’s beloved recreation and parks system with a 14-month planning process dating to January 2023. The goal is to develop and execute a detailed game plan for the agency that advances the City’s commitment to equitable service delivery and a transparent, data-driven capital improvement process. The BCRP Playbook is being developed in collaboration with a Community Advisory Committee and includes three key components:
• A data-driven Capital Investment Strategy to guide where the agency focuses dollars to redesign and improve recreation centers, parks, natural areas, and special facilities
• An Operations Plan to support day-to-day efforts to maintain our city’s parks and play spaces and offer a full range of recreation programming to Baltimore citizens, and
• A Funding Strategy to ensure that BCRP’s capital investments and operations can be sustained and maintained over time, serving generations to come.
BCRP encourages every Baltimorean to “Get in the game!” and be heard:
• Take the survey now through Labor Day here.
• Attend BCRP Public Meeting (Early Fall 2023)
• Review BCRP Playbook draft recommendations (Late Fall 2023)