Virtual Rec: Stay Active
Live Virtual Programming - Register!
- Soccer for Success at Home! US Soccer Foundation
- Soccer Drills: Dribbling
- US Soccer Youth Coach Plans/Drills
- How Much Time Ref? Soccer Games
BCRP’s own Coach Tim shows you the basics for building soccer skills! Watch now!
Track & Field
- Track Drills to Make You Go From 0 to 10
- Track and Field Sprint Workout
- Track Workout Springs & HIIT
- Track Training at Home
Virtual Races & Runs
- Virtual Races with Charm City Run
- Runner's World Virtual Run Calendar
- Spartan Run Virtual Races
- MapMyRun - create and track your runs
- Pro NFL Workout at Home
- Football Conditioning Workout
- Football Off-Season Conditioning Workout
- Train like an NFL Pro
- Workouts for Basketball Players
- Quick and easy at-home Basketball Workouts
- Full Body Basketball Workout
A lack of activity has serious implications on children’s health, including increased risk of obesity and chronic diseases like diabetes. Family time can play an important role in helping children get 60 minutes of recommended physical activity daily. The trick is to find ways to keep them active without making it feel like actual exercise.
- Dancing: No one can pass up a good dance session! Dancing strengthens muscles, increases endurance, supports weight management and more. Just play some good music and let them at it.
- Yoga: While not as rigorous as the other activities, yoga is a fun activity that strengthens muscles, increases flexibility and improves balance and coordination. As a bonus, it also boosts body confidence and self-esteem.
- Hula Hooping: An old-time favorite, hula hooping is an exciting yet challenging way to get children moving. As they focus on spinning the hula hoop around their hips, they’re also strengthening their core, improving their coordination and increasing their flexibility and endurance.
- Animal Walks: This exercise can be easily disguised as a fun game for your child. In an open space, call out an animal - like a duck, crab or bunny - and challenge them to walk or hop like that animal until they reach the finish line. Check out the website listed for the video for examples of 10 different Animal Walk Exercise. http://www.vahvafitness.com
- Cha Cha Slide Fitness Challenge: challenge family members to see who lasts the longest doing this line dance in a plank position. Go to Cha Cha Slide Plank Challenge Youtube and check out the video. Are you up to the challenge?
- Play: Don’t forget about the simple act of playing. Get outdoors for fresh air, a walk of just kicking a ball. Physical activity helps to strengthen bones and muscles, control weight and improve motor skills. Children will see exercise as a natural part of their lives that provides lasting benefits.
Another great option is guided video workouts:
- Strength Training for Young Athletes
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Yoga for Parents and Kids
- Fitness Blender Kids
- Cincinnati Children Work Out Series
- Pop Sugar Family Work Out
- Fitness with Arthur
- Fit Family Challenge with Dance & Bmore
- Dance Class with Debbie Allen
- Cardio Dance Workout Series
- Yoga for teens
- 30-Min Hip Hop Workout
- 30-Min Cardio Dance Workout
- 20-Min Zumba Cardio
- 30-Min No Equipment Needed Workout
- Full body circuits from Men’s Health
Therapeutic Rec Exercises:
- Special Olympics MD: VirtualMOVEment Video
- Special Olympics: How to get your Fit 5
- Special Olympics MD: Virtual Movement Group
- Forever Fit & Fun -Dance & Bmore
- Silver Sneakers - free exercises for older adults
- Seated and Standing Exercises